Skip to content
[[ recipeID=recipe-8kppfipio, title=Filter coffee | how to make | Moka Pot ]]
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Fill the moka pot filter with (non Instant) filter coffee. Here we are using Cocobroma filter coffee which has a 80-20 % blend of pure Arabica coffee and chicory.
- Carefully level the surface. Using your finger to brush off the excess grounds is fine too. This will ensure that the steam will rise up slowly encapsulating the coffee flavour in the coffee decoction
- Add water to the base of moka pot
- Secure the lid and heat the base of moka pot for brewing. Ensure the heat is at low flame so that the water boils slowly and you don't burn the coffee
- Decoction will start filling up into the upper chamber
- Add this decoction along with milk into a cup
- Add sugar to complete your south indian filter coffee
We will be using Moka Pot for this recipe.
Your filter coffee has come out great. I once drank filter coffee at my friend’s place in Chennai. Since I loved it. I ordered filter coffee powder from Leo’s Coffee so I am going to try making this.